Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply in respect of Thank a Sport Maker nominations and merchandise draws which form part of the Sport Maker Recognition and Reward Programme (“Programme”) conducted by Sport New Zealand (“Sport NZ”) and New Zealand Lotteries Commission (“Lotto NZ”) (together the “Parties”).
2. Nominations for Sport Makers may be submitted during the periods shown below (Nomination Periods).
3. All nominations submitted during a Nomination Period will be entered into the associated draw (Draw).
Draw 1: August 1 Apr – 31 Aug 2016
Draw 2: December 1 Sep – 31 Dec 2016
Draw 3: April 1 Jan – 30 Apr 2017
4. A person who nominates must:
(a) believe that the Sport Maker being nominated provides voluntary help to a sports club or for a sporting activity associated with a school or other organisation;
(b) acknowledge that the Sport Maker’s story is an accurate representation of the Sport Maker’s volunteering and that the Sport Maker being nominated will be happy to have the story promoted, should the Parties or a Regional Sports Trust (RST) choose to do so.
(c) believe that all information provided in the nomination is true, accurate and complete and is not in any way offensive, malicious, objectionable or defamatory and does not infringe any rights of any other person.
5. Nominators will be notified by email and/or phone if the person they nominated has won a prize
6. A nominator accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms by nominating a Sport Maker for a Draw.
7. In each Draw, 10 Sport Maker winners will be selected based on merit as determined by from Sport NZ and Lotto NZ.
8. Each Sport Maker winner will receive one voucher to the value of $2,000 (including GST). A Sport Maker winner may redeem a voucher for merchandise at http://lottovolunteersshop.nzuniforms.com
(a) are non-negotiable, non-saleable and non-exchangeable for cash;
(b) are only redeemable at http://lottovolunteersshop.nzuniforms.com; and
(c) expire three months after the Draw date or if the voucher balance is less than the lowest value item of merchandise available.
10. To be eligible for a voucher prize a Sport Maker must:
(a) Be a verifiable (at the Parties discretion) New Zealand sports volunteer;
(b) Live in New Zealand.
11. Multiple nominations for each Sport Maker in each Nomination Period are allowed, to a maximum of 50 nominations. Additional nominations will be discarded.
12. Sport Makers can only be nominated via the nomination form on lottovolunteers.co.nz.
13. A Sport Maker winner will be asked to make themselves available for publicity purposes at the Parties discretion and expense, which may include publication of their name and image. Sport Makers will not receive payment for such publicity.
14. One eligible Sport Maker winner will also be awarded an ‘ultimate team’ experience for them and their team. This experience will be awarded to the Sport Maker who receives the most votes on goodonyou.co.nz during the voting period. See goodonyou.co.nz for details and Terms and Conditions.
15. A Sport Maker winner will be eligible for the team experience prize only if they have agreed, on behalf of themselves and their team, to be available for publicity purposes at the Parties discretion and expense, which may include publication of their name and image. Sport Makers will not receive payment for such publicity.
16. Team experiences may include elite coaching, a team trip or a club day, subject to availability. Lotto NZ will arrange the ‘ultimate team’ experience with the nominator of the chosen Sport Maker winner and reserves the right to change the prize at its discretion.
17. The Parties shall have the right to alter these Terms, to halt or postpone the Programme or deem void any or all Draw entries, and/or vouchers at any time and without reason. All decisions of the Parties in relation to the Programme are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. The Parties and any associated third party service providers shall not be responsible or liable for:
(a) any late or misdirected nominations or for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the nomination process for any reason, including (without limitation) any equipment or technical malfunction, Acts of God or otherwise;
(b) any malicious, illegal, offensive, dishonest or incorrect information included in any nomination or
(c) any loss, damage or injury of any kind whatsoever which is suffered or sustained (directly or indirectly) by any nominator or Sport Maker in connection with the Draw or merchandise, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
19. Nominators will only receive emails from the Parties regarding the Sport Maker draw and they may unsubscribe from such emails at any time via the unsubscribe link. This may not prevent nominators from receiving future emails associated with future nominations.
20. We will comply with the Privacy Act 1993 in respect of any personal information that we collect. Where we hold personal information about you that can be readily retrieved, you may request access to, or correction of, that information. Please email your enquiries to our privacy officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. The Parties are authorised to disclose Nominators’ and Sports Makers’ personal information to relevant Regional Sports Trusts and associated third party service providers for the purpose of conducting the Programme.